MOD and TOD are popular rcording formats for HD camcorders and cameras. Many users may have collected many these files for playing. However, they will find MOD and TOD are not playable for almost
iOS devices, even the New iPad 3. For example "I'd love to play videos from my camcorder on
iPad. But these vidoes are MOD, TOD formats that are not supported by iPad. Please advise a useful app or software. Thanks very much."
As far as, we can use Air Playit to stream movies and videos stored on computer via WiFi, 4g, 3g networks. But if we want to play MOD and TOD anytime and anywhere, we have to download a app for iPad or a convert program for computer. From googling, I found some video to ipad players can smoothly play the 3GP, MP4, WMV, MPG, but can't support MOD/TOD HD videos well. So we'd better install an all-in-one Video to iPad Converter (or Mac Video Conerter) on computer.
To get the best converted HD quality, you'd better use the Brorsoft Video Converter, it can keep file's original video/audio quality. Besides, you also can freely set the video size to get the quality as you need. The most important is that, it can convert any video to any video format for playing on any device or editing with any movie editing software.
Guide: Tricks for perfectly transcoding MOD/TOD HD movies to new iPad 3 video format
1. Run the video convert tool and click "add file" to load 720p/1080p .tod, .mod footages to it.
Tip: If you want to combine several MOD/TOD videos into one file, please click "Merge into one" icom.
2. Click on format bar and find the iPad classify. In the list, all videos are comfortable for iPad 3. You can choose the best one.
1) If your resoure file is 720p video, you'd better choose "iPad 3(New iPad) HD Video (*.mp4)" to keep the original quality.
2) For 1080p recordings, I suggest you slect the "iPad 3(New iPad) Full HD Video (*.mp4)" format for playing 1080p TOD/MOD files on New iPad 3 with full screen.
3. Click "convert" button to start the TOD/MOD to H.264 MP4 conversion.
As soon as the workfow is over, you can easily put the changed video to new iPad 3 for playback. I wish you joy.