iPhone 5 (Apple's fifth gerneration iPhone) was been release for a long time and many people have got it. Why users like it? Its 4-inch Retina Display with 1136-by-640p resolution is definitely a
good choice for watching high definition movies. However, like other iPhones, it still doesn't support AVI video format in all codecs. So some users meet the problem about
playing AVI files.
If you have happen to have some good AVI movies and wanna play them on your iPhone 5 on the move, you need to make sure one thing: your AVI files are compatible with iPhone 5, if not, you need to convert AVI files to iPhone 5 compatible format with a video converting software. So what AVI files are supported by iPhone? You can play these AVI videos on iPhone 5 or other iPhone models:
Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
Difficult to understand? All in all, iPhone 5 only supports some types of video cameras AVI footage via the camera card reader accessory, while it won't let you play downloaded AVI movies or AVI videos from other sources on iPhone 5. For most AVI video files, you need an app like Brorsoft Video Converter or Video Converter Mac to make AVI file compatible with your iPhone 5. It's not a big hassle for converting AVI for iPhone 5. Below is a simple guide for you, showing all the information you needed for getting AVI files and iPhone 5 to play nicely.
1. AVI videos stored (externally-downloaded or from other source)
2. Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.5 above(including Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Mountain Lion) with 1G Hz or above Intel processor
3. Download and install Brorsoft Video Converter
How to change any AVI (including DivX, Xvid) file to iPhone video format
Step 1: Click "Add Video" or "Add Folder" button to load AVI files from hard drive, or you can simply drag and drop the files to this program directly. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files.
Step 2: Select iPhone 5 video format from the drop-down profile list of "Format" bar. Here you're recommended to choose "iPhone 5 H.264 Full HD 1080P(*.mp4)" from "iPhone" category if your resource fle is 1080p as the above picture. The output videos could fit on the new iPhone 5 perfectly.
1) If your resource file is 720p, you'd better choose "iPhone 5 H.264 HD 720P(*.mp4)" to view AVI mvoie on iPhone 5 with 72p quality
2) If you like, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. Keep in mind that bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss, and vice versa.
3) If you want to select H.264 MOV or M4V as the best output, please go to "Format > HD Video" menu as the below picture.
Step 3: Click "Convert" button to start AVI to iPhone 5 conversio. When the conversion finishes, click "Open" to get the result mp4 videos, add them to iTunes and then sync them to your iPhone 5. Just enjoy the movies!
In fact, the software is not only a top AVI to iPhone 5 Converter, it also can be used as an all-in-one video conversion yet ease-to-use app for for iPhone models, iPad, iPod Touch 5 and more. Besides AVI, it can also help you convert almost all 1080p/720p HD videos including MKV, VOB, MPG, WMV, MTS etc. for your iPhone 5 and other iOS devices with fast encoding speed and high quality. It can also be used a free iPhone Ringtone Maker which helps you creat M4R Ringtone from your MP3/WMA/MIDI etc. audios.